The @Science project aims at establishing a transnational network about the access to science by visually impaired students. The main goals of the network are:
- collection of the latest documentation about access to science by visually impaired students (e.g. about assistive tools, about accessible digital resources, and so on);
- assessment and documentation in national languages of emerging assistive tools for science learning;
- distribution of useful tools through a web repository;
- creation of a communication network among individuals and institutions (e.g. through devoted forums and mailing lists) in order to share locally developed solutions;
- exchange of experiences and practices proven to be successful on local basis;
- communication of strategies to improve access to science by visually impaired to scientific resources providers (e.g. digital resources providers, university libraries, etc.).